Luminous Strategies For Exploring the Dynamisms of
Compassion, Interfaith Dialogue, and Activism
This four-session course will explore diverse, compassion-infused strategies to foster not only mutual understanding but also compassionate socio-political engagement.
Attend the live class sessions
or work at your own pace.
Over the course of these four discussions, we will dive into the pragmatics of compassionate action. These pragmatics entail both principles and strategies that speak to the luminous character of compassion and to its on-the-ground practicalities. The first session will cover the nuances of the compassion movement from the Charter for Compassion to the compassionate cities initiative, along with an overview of three strategies of engagement. Each of the following gatherings will chart, in order, strategies of perception, of reflection, and of engagement. Interfaith dialogue is the primary lens through which we will view and think through each strategy.
Compassion is more than a ‘toss-away’ filler or fuzzy aspiration. It is pragmatic, luminous, and transformative.
- Session 1: Overview of Compassion Movement and Introduction of Strategies
- Session 2: Strategies of Perception
- Session 3: Strategies of Reflection
- Session 4: Strategies of Engagement and Conclusion
About the Instructor
Dhawn B. Martin, Ph.D., is Executive Director of the SoL (Source of Light) Center, an interfaith education center at University Presbyterian Church, San Antonio, TX. She has and continues to work with the City of San Antonio’s Faith-Based Initiative on several projects and communal events, and serves on the Board of Directors of SACRD (San Antonio Community Resource Directory). An ordained Teaching Elder in the Presbyterian Church (USA), she is a co-editor of the volume, Ecological Solidarities: Mobilizing Faith and Justice for an Entangled World (2019).
Share on Social Media
Help us spread the word by sharing the course on social media.
Tag us @CIC4Process.
- Lifetime access to session recordings
- Receive early notification of future courses
- Watch live or follow your own schedule
- Interact with class members via discussion forums
- * Contribute whatever you feel the course is worth or whatever you can afford to help support this and other programs like it. No one is turned down for lack of funds.